The IT industry is constantly evolving, and it can be challenging to keep up with the latest trends.
Here are some of the top IT trends to watch for in 2023:
- Cloud computing: Cloud services such as Microsoft/365 allow businesses to access and use computing resources, such as storage and processing power, over the internet. This can reduce the need for on-premises IT infrastructure and make it easier to scale up or down as needed. Many businesses will move completely to the cloud this year.
- Cybersecurity: As cyber threats continue to evolve, it’s important for businesses to prioritize cybersecurity. This includes implementing strong passwords and multi-factor authentication, as well as investing in security software and monthly security training for all employees to keep security top of mind.
- Internet of Things (IoT): The IoT refers to the network of physical devices, vehicles, buildings, and other objects that are connected to the internet and can collect and exchange data. Businesses can leverage the IoT to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance customer experiences. Soon, every object that can be tracked and measured will provide data to streamline processes across all businesses.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: AI and machine learning technologies are becoming more sophisticated and widespread, with applications in areas such as customer service, sales, and marketing. Businesses can use these technologies to streamline processes, improve decision-making, and enhance customer experiences. Many platforms such as Salesforce already provide AI services in many areas. For example, the customer service function can listen to an incoming call and help the agent by suggesting help documents during the call. Salespeople are assisted by AI to choose the next best actions for sales opportunities. Soon, AI will answer the initial calls for all incoming customer service requests.
- Virtual and augmented reality: Virtual and augmented reality technologies are being used in a variety of industries, from retail to healthcare. Businesses can use these technologies to enhance customer experiences, train employees, and more. This will become more prevalent in training that is benefitted by an immersive 3D experience. Ultimately, this will replace much of the virtual meeting (Teams, Zoom) experience with a more engaging, more satisfying experience.
Technology changes quickly – how do you keep up? Many companies have discovered that the best solution is partnering with Revolution Group as their Managed Services Provider. You focus on running and improving your core business while we take care of keeping your technology aligned with your business goals.
I hope 2023 is your most successful and happiest year yet! If you would like more information on how Revolution Group can help you, call us at 614-212-1111 or fill out the form below.