Do you have technology alerts set up for your company? Even having basic monitoring and alerting systems can save your company time and money by notifying you before a problem gets too big. Being prepared can mean the difference between a small, fixable issue and a catastrophic event that could lead to downtime and money lost.
Here are 8 Things You Need to Know About Technology Alerts
- Technology system alerts are much like fire alarms. The alerting system works in the background, and when an issue arises, it notifies those at risk.
- Technology alerts were, and still are, the original core focus of Managed Services and proactive IT support.
- Typically, Managed Service Providers receive the alerts and can solve an issue before the client even knows an issue exists.
- Hundreds of technology alerts monitor everything from firewalls to broken server fan, and everything in between.
- If you only have the bandwidth to monitor one type of system alerts, we highly recommend monitoring hardware because of the potential severity of a hardware issue.
- Security alerts are not typically included in standard Managed Service Provider alerts. Instead, they are usually part of a separate security alerting system.
- Your company should have alerts whether you have an in-house technician or an outsourced team of Managed Service Providers.
- It is important to dedicate resources to monitor and track technology alerts for greater results.
Check out our infographic below.
If you are interested in talking to a company that has years of experience setting up and monitoring alerts, call us at 614-212-1111 or fill out the form below. You can never be too prepared.